Stop calling please!

Thursday 21 September 2006

My dear readers,

Did you thought that I was away from blogging forever? Maybe you thought I was death or something (and some people would really love to watch my dead body, but that's not going to happen in a loooooong time :-) but let's not think about that now.). Well, that's absolutely wrong. I can't imagine myself not blogging at this point (is like imagining a world without Internet, without TV or even without light)

My special blogging intervention came out for 2 reasons:
Well, my boss actually is on a business trip and gave me some a lot of work (like a thousand To-Do lists and lots of paper to throw up! :-P let's throw paper \o/) and there's Lalo doing and checking those To-Do lists.

One of my responsabilities is answering the phone when my boss is out of town, and also writing messages (exactly! just like an executive secretary :-P). Everything was so calm watching papers, papers, papers (looks like a recursive thing, isn't it? :-P) and also listening nice music, when suddenly, the phone rang and this is more or less the conversation:

Lalo: Hello?
Annoying-person: Hello, May I speak with Juan de las Pitas please?
Lalo: He's out of town. Would you like to leave Mr. de las Pitas (LOL) a message?
Annoying-person: Yes. My name is Annoying-person and my phone number is 111-222-3333
Lalo: From which company are you calling from?
Annoying-person: From We-Annoy-People-Just-For-Fun Inc.
Lalo: OK, I'll give him your message.
Annoying-person: Thank you!
Lalo: Bye.
(If your name is Juan de las Pitas, this example was just a coincidence. No offense intended)

Well, that wasn't so bad, isn't it? You, my gentile readers, might think that. Well, if that Annoying-person is calling just one time, I wouldn't even write something about it in this space, but... Can you imagine receiving several phone calls from different people from the same company during the whole day? (Just for the record, the fake name is We-Annoy-People-Just-For-Fun Inc.)

It is really annoying to tell to all the workers of that company the same over and over again. That's why I have such a great idea to reply with.

Lalo: Do you have a speaker on your phone?
Another-anooying-person: Yes.
Lalo: Please turn it on.
Lalo: (Yelling) This is the last time I am repeating this to all of you freaks! Mr. De Las Pitas IS OUT OF TOWN! Stop calling please! (Relaxed) Have a nice day! Bye.


I hope that those people really get the idea and stop calling at least for the next 2 weeks :-) If my plan doesn't work... I'll start hanging up! I don't have time to write and write and write (recursive thing again) messages from the same crappy place with the same damn message (which is "please report with me at X phone number)

That's the only detail I'm angry with today... Besides that, it was such a calm and nice day. Passing to other stuff, I'm going to change Cardioide (my iguana) to a new place. Now I can be a house contractor! :-P LOL.

Disconnecting all phones for Lalo's Database,

Lalo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Pocket Blogger Templates